Friday, January 8, 2016

Thicken the Plot

Another Think Kit day.

We're all writing the story of our lives as we go. How can you make your story interesting in 2016? And if you can't see around the bend, it's okay to dream. Let's make 2016 one of the most riveting parts of our tale, shall we?

I always seem to enter a year with excitement but also trepidation. I learned at a very young age that life can change in moments, so even when things look great and I can see nothing but blue sky's, I sometimes feel like I am waiting for a catastrophe to hit. So it is a bit hard to acknowledge just how much we have claimed this year as a year of celebration and thanksgiving.

I've mentioned before how we pick a verse in a correlating number psalms for our marriage.  This year we picked one that screams celebration and thanksgiving.  As the new year approached, I felt even more led to just celebrate this year. We have so much in general to celebrate!  Sure, I know this year there will be things that are difficult, frustrating, and hard to face.  But we can enjoy the journey too, and celebrate in big and small ways.  

I see this year as a year of celebrating to better health!  I plan to celebrate each small and each large milestone as I get healthier. I want to celebrate each running accomplishment I hit this year.  I already have a few race ideas for the year and plan to accomplish more mileage than ever before, and I will celebrate that!

I want to celebrate each of our children!  They are wonderful kids!  We love to celebrate them at their birthday's and I want to remember to celebrate them more often!  They are smart, funny, loving kids who deserve to be celebrated just the way they are!

I want to celebrate turning 30. I've heard that leaving the 20's behind can be hard, but I'm not feeling that at all. I've loved everything we've accomplished in our 20's and leaving them behind is worth celebrating, but I also look very forward to the next decade of my life and all that it will bring!  Peter celebrates 30 years this year too, and we're going to celebrate him too!

We're hitting 10 years of marriage this year.  That's something to celebrate!  It actually is an accomplishment to make it to 10 years nowadays.  I'm glad we've not only survived, but thrived together!  My marriage is something worth celebrating not only on the big days but day to day too.  We have some fun plans this year to celebrate our marriage! 


In general, life is worth celebrating. There's no reason to not enjoy the journey we've been given in this life.  Yes, hard days will come, yes sometimes we need to buckle down and focus but there's no reason to overlook the cause for celebration all around us!  

0 comments: