Friday, January 22, 2016

100 Day!


It has been a little while since I've done a school update.  I'd say even though we're a couple years in, we're still early on in our home school life and I am still figuring out what in the world I am doing.  But this has been what I would consider a very succesful year. Malachi is just taking off on addition problems, cursive writing, reading!  He's just doing awsome!  Eli, who didn't even know how to hold a pencil correctly at the beginning of the year is also working on his numbers and writing letters and just recently started reading words!  Sabrina just loves school and is racing through her year of preschool. She can't wait to finish her year up and get started on reading and writing herself.  But for the time being she's counting and learning to recognize her numbers and letters.

This past week, we reached our 100th day of the school year!  So we celebrated in style and let the kids pretend they were 100 years old!





Eli wasn't too sure about it, but he jumped in for a bit at the end.




I consider it a huge privilege that I have the opportunity to stay at home with my kids and teach them.  There is no cooler feeling than to see your kids struggle and overcome!  To be the one who watches them read their first word and write their first letters has just been an awesome privilege. I'm learning and struggling right alongside them, but we're all doing great!  Here's to finishing the year strong!

0 comments: