Monday, August 18, 2014

Adjusting

I know I kind of left everyone hanging after my last post. As you can imagine, life with 4 kids is a bit busy!  We are full of adjustments and changes around here.  Life never seems to slow down. We came home rather sleep deprived and dove back into life with the kids and Peter went straight back to work. We had a coming home party and a Gotcha Day Party and loads of laundry to contend with. We had a stolen credit card, medical fees that shouldn't be, appointments we had been putting off until after the adoption along with several visitors who couldn't wait to meet our little miss.  It has all been kind of a blur. Newborn photos, post adoption social worker visits,  potty training, swim lessons, diving back into school. We truly jumped right back into life, but there isn't much choice when we already have a very busy family. I finally feel like we might be breaking back into a routine and hopefully the return of blogging will be soon to follow. 

I know I didn't share too much but we spent July 26th-August 7th in Florida.  Our sweet baby girl was born on July 28th weighing in at 5 lbs 6 ounces!  She has fit in perfectly with our family. I feel like all of our babies have been super easy and she is not any different and is so laid back. We were able to spend 3 days with her birth mother of time I will never forget.  It was a joy filled and heartbreaking time all at once.  We still talk almost daily with her birth mother and I hope we can continue to stay close. 


For now, know our life is more full of joy than ever before. My heart truly feels complete! I look at my beautiful family of 2 boys and 2 girls and I just feel so incredibly thankful and blessed.  God wrote the best story! The other kids have accepted Lillybelle into the family as if she has always been there!  You would never even know they are adjusting to a new sibling in the house.  Sabrina has done amazing with her new sister. I was very worried about her but she surprised me and just adores her baby sister!  She is also quite the little mama herself and loves to help me take care of Lillybelle.  This has been the smoothest transition for Peter and I too. We haven't fought or even really gotten frustrated with each other through this sleep deprivation.  I guess after 4 kids we just kind of know the routine.  Or maybe what they say is true, that 3 kids is the hardest and it is all smooth sailing after that.  We can hope! 

1 comments:

S said...

Congratulations on the arrival of little Lillybelle!